Jul 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday


In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus concerning you. ~ I Thessalonians 5:18

I guess I could stop right now and let the picture speak for itself! Ha ha!

I do have so very many things to be grateful for but this week I would like to share my two sweet kittens and why they mean so much to me.

I grew up with animals and just love being around them dearly. I've raised or helped raise cow, chickens, goats, turkeys, quail, rabbits, hamsters, gerbils, cats, and dogs. Not living with animals is tough for me.

Sadie joined our family when I found her (the long-haired black kitten) under our porch with four other kittens and their mother. I took them in and found new homes for the other kittens and, eventually, the mother. However, from the moment I saw that one little black furball (the others where all grey) I knew she was the one I wanted. We spent only about two days alone with Sadie after her mom left us, and I knew she was going to need a companion. She loved me and decided to adopt me as her new mom and followed me everywhere and always wanted to sit on my lap. I loved the special moments we were having together but she was also beginning to nip at my hands and play rough with me as her mother had once done with her. I am willing to cuddle, brush, and rub my pretty kitty but I don't want broken skin in the mix! So, I started looking and soon found a new kitten.

Lily is the grey and short-haired cutie pie in the picture. I found her listed on Craigslist and someone had rescued her and her family also and was houseing them at a local vet office. She was downright scrawny looking and had had worms (which have been dealt with!) but she has a big personality! She made herself right at home with us from day one. She napped on our bed, used her litter box, and fit right in! Casey suggested the name Lily and its stuck with her. While Lily was thrilled to have a new "big sister," Sadie was surprisingly not as excited. But, over the last week or so, they have gotten along pretty well and as Lily grows she will likely be able to enjoy Sadie's rough play more.

I caught them in this pose on my bed and snapped a photo. Usually they sleep about two feet apart from each other but, apparently, Sadie was in a tolerant mood.

Its the little things in life that bring us pleasure like the purring of a kitten on my lap! ☺

What are you thankful for today?

♥Shari
Linked up at:

The Marathan Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!