Dec 6, 2011

Weekly Menu 12/5 - 12/11

Our family has had company since Sunday evening and I've been just too busy to get on here to share my menu for the week! The kids are really enjoying their "Mimi and Papa" playing with them and spoiling them.


Its been a fairly relaxed visit but we've been having fun. Casey's uncle and family blessed us all by taking us out for BBQ one evening and that was a very enjoyable treat. I tried a Cajun prime rib french dip sandwich with french fries and I savored every last bite!

Yesterday we sat back and enjoyed a good ol' fashioned Christmas movie...I mean, a sweet retelling of an ol' fashioned Christmas movie by none other than the Veggie Tales. Its a Meaningful Life is such a cute version of the similar movie Its a Wonderful Life and is fairly entertaining to the younger crowd as well as the adults.

Of course, we had to get in a little shopping. Us girls (myself, my mother-in-law, and Ella) went shopping today at Kohl's and the grocery store. We hope to get away again later in the week to visit the mall. I haven't been to the mall in months so it will be nice to see it all decorated for Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, perhaps it'll be a white one. I was taken quite by surprise to step outside this morning and discover it was snowing and everything was covered in snow already. It was lovely. It was responsible for all the cars on the road creeping and, at times, coming to a complete standstill which resulted in me being forty minutes late for work. The snow was almost completely gone from even the shadow darkened corners when I left work around 12:30pm.

Here is our weekly menu. I'm excited because Casey's mom is planning on making her chicken tortilla soup for us!

Monday - Spaghetti pie, cornbread muffins, and peas

Tuesday - Tuna casserole and green beans

Wednesday - Chili and cheese muffins

Thursday - Chicken tortilla soup and cornbread muffins

Friday - Sausage egg breakfast casserole and pumpkin muffins

Saturday - Sausage, cheesy rice, and peas

Sunday - Chicken fried rice

Have a great week!
♥Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!