Nov 7, 2011

This Time Last Year


This morning I began an attempt at what some even call the "key" to success which is getting an extremely early start to the day.
I got up at 5am and started my load of laundry for the day. I fixed myself some breakfast (a buttered double fiber english muffin and an iced mocha) and read some from my Bible. Then I began getting ready for work. On non-work days, I wake up to my children bursting from their bedroom and yelling for their breakfast which is a recipe for an unhappy mom. I want to serve my family with a better attitude and, for that matter, enjoy myself and my day more.

That moment when my alarm went off was difficult (especially since I didn't crawl into bed until 11pm last night) but throughout the rest of the day I have had a feeling of accomplishment. I just felt more prepared since I was dressed and had a full tummy before the kids demanded their own meal. I felt accomplished that laundry was already going first thing. I was not rushing out the door to head to work and I was even able to prepare and serve the kids breakfast before leaving so Casey didn't have to.

I look forward to sharing with you how this early start to my day influences my routines and attitude. I also am pleased to share this month's installment of "this time last year" and enjoyed looking back through the picture file of November 2010. How much they change in only one year! I am so thankful for my health and the health of my children and husband.

♥ Shari

Sweet baby girl was 3 months old.


Logan was 16 months old.

Logan watching his baby sister Ella play with toys in her Bumbo seat.


My boys: Casey, Sean (who was 2 1/2 years old) and Logan.


1 comment:

  1. I love getting up early. There is something wonderful about a quiet house while everyone is sleeping. Now that it is too cold to walk the dog, I do a workout video and then read my Bible. Even on weekends I try and wake b/4 my family, I just really hate being awakened by my kiddos pleas for food. Nothing sets my day on a worse note than 'mom I'm hungry what's for breakfast' as the first sounds my ears hear! I hope that you find the early morning to be helpful to your day :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!