Nov 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Pictures

Yesterday was a day to focus on being thankful for what we have. It was also a day to spend hours
in the kitchen cooking a huge meal.


Earlier in the month I shared my menu for the big day. I made everything except the rolls as I couldn't squeeze the necessary bag of almond flour into my grocery budget last week. We didn't even miss bread. After all, stuffing is made with bread or cornbread.

On Wednesday I wanted to help myself out so I made apple pie
and cornbread. The more you can do ahead the better! 


Thursday morning I put my turkey in the oven. This handy dandy pan and bag made this so much easier and the turkey turned out great.


Once the turkey came out of the oven, I put in bacon wrapped green bean
bundles and cornbread stuffing. Then I began peeling potatoes.


Casey's personal favorite dishes for any holiday...
Mashed potatoes and gravy.


After our enjoyable meal which wasn't ready and on the table until normal dinner time, we talked to all the grandparents to wish them a "Happy Thanksgiving." Then we settled in to watch "The Muppet Christmas Carol" before having a slice of pie and a dollop of vanilla ice cream.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!
♥Shari

3 comments:

  1. your pie looks delish! Is it a crumb topping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pie is basically using the King Arthur gf pie crust recipe with the Pioneer Woman's Dutch Apple Pie filling and topping. Crumb topping for pie is a real hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw those bacon wrapped green beans on Pinterest and I can't wait to try recreate their seemingly yummy goodness!

    I'm late, but Happy Thanksgiving! As a Christian I know you firmly believe that the spirit of Thanksgiving should be within our heart and mind on a daily basis. I am truly thankful for God's mercies, His grace, and His blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!