Nov 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Menu



Happy 1st of November! I thought I might pick today to share with you my Thanksgiving menu plan.
Planning ahead makes it easier to squeeze a few special meal items in my grocery budget each week. Also, some stress is taken out of a mom's holiday when she can plan ahead and work ahead some instead of cramming it all into the few days before!

In a moment of reflection, I am most thankful for the bounty of ingredients and food that I have each week to prepare tasty meals for my family and to be able to provide a Thanksgiving Day feast. I am really excited to be able to prepare this meal and enjoy it with my family!

Thanksgiving Menu:

Oven roasted turkey
Turkey gravy
Mashed potatoes
Apple pie

Us moms can always use a great tip on making a holiday easier! Please share your favorite tips with me!
♥ Shari

3 comments:

  1. This is the first year I'm having Thanksgiving at my home. While I'd love to be able to make everything myself, I know I wouldn't be able to do it. So I'm asking others to bring things. And I'm going to make as much ahead of time as possible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even spreading some cooking and baking out to the day before makes a huge difference. I plan to make my pie and the cornbread for the stuffing the day before. Another tip is using the turkey baking bags. No basting required!

    ReplyDelete
  3. make use of the microwave! There is no shame in making the veggies ahead of time and just reheating them the day of :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!