Oct 7, 2011

Eggs and Biscuits

Our fun foods for this lovely Friday are scrambled eggs and drop biscuits.
Casey worked the closing shift at his job which means he didn't arrive home until around 7:30pm. I was responsible for making dinner with three toddlers underfoot and serving it to them without an extra set of hands to help keep the peace. I needed something fairly simple!


Scrambled eggs are always fun. You can add lots of goodies just as an omelet but you just stir it all together and then keep stirring as it cooks. Easy and yummy!  I chose to use red bell pepper and onion cooked until tender in coconut oil.


Whisk together the eggs with a splash of milk and pour into the skillet with the veggies. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper if you wish.
  

Just before the eggs are finished cooking add in your cheese. I chose to use mozzarella cheese tonight.

I also whipped up a batch of Delightful Drop Biscuits to go with our eggs. I was out of corn starch so I substituted sweet rice flour and they turned out great. I believe I got 9 or 10 biscuits out of the recipe and we ate them all.
♥ Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!